UV light – an ultra-friendly alternative

UV treatment is a simple, safe and environment-friendly alternative compared with the predominantly chlorine-based solutions used currently for water treatment. UV treatment has also been proven to be effective against microorganisms that are resistant to chlorine, such as cryptosporidium.

In contrast with chemical water treatment methods, the UV light deactivates microorganisms through a physical process. When bacteria, viruses and protozoa are exposed to the bactericidal wavelengths of UV light, they are unable to reproduce and infect other organisms.

Read more about the benefits of LightLab’s unique technology.

Reduced energy consumption

Traditional mercury lamps need 1-5 minutes to warm up, which means that users leave them switched on continuously. This increases energy consumption substantially while at the same time significantly reducing the lamp’s useful life.

Read more about how our technology reduces energy consumption.

No hazardous waste

As our light sources do not contain any mercury, they can be sorted as regular light sources or small electronics, in other words they require no special sorting.